What is the Club Health Checker?
The Club Health Checker is a free, online self-assessment tool that will diagnose the challenges faced by your bowls club and offer you bespoke solutions – identifying where you need help, how and where you can receive it, and what to do next.
We have compiled some FAQs regarding the Club Health Checker below, but if you find there is something unanswered, please get in touch.
The Club Health Checker will be launched very soon so watch this space!
1. A detailed self-assessment form with questions for the club committee to answer.
2. A bespoke report that assesses your club’s level of development and gives you a set of recommendations that will help you improve further.
The questions within the form are separated into the four categories;
- 1. Club membership
- 2. Recruitment & activities
- 3. Structure & workforce
- 4. Finance & facilities
It should take you between 30-45 minutes to complete the form.
We recommend the entire committee get involved in this process, to present an accurate picture of your club, as it is unlikely that one club official will have all the information required. You will be asked questions about your membership size and breakdown, finances, club lease and structure, workforce and qualifications.
No. You can save your progress at any time and share the assessment link between the committee, all without the need to create a username or password.
No individual data that you submit to us about your club or individuals within your club will be shared with any third parties, including your National Governing Body.
The report is automatic and will be accessible immediately after you complete the self-assessment form. You will also receive a copy of the report by email.
The report will include:
- – Your score in each category, as well as an overall score.
- – A bespoke list of recommendations and actions you can take to improve your score.
- – Further support (templates, resources, workshops, and other content) you can access that is relevant to your recommendations.
You will be able to access the Club Health Checker tool at any time and we encourage you to use this tool at least once a year. As you work on the recommendations we have given you, you can complete the questionnaire again to receive an updated report with your new score and the next set of actions.